IT/Telecoms Support Technician
We are a privately owned, highly successful, market leading and fast moving IT and Telecoms reseller success story. We are a small but dynamic, expanding organisation, who provide specialist IT and Telecommunications solutions into the Corporate, SME and B2B market. As part of our ongoing business success and expansion plan, we now seek an additional 1st / 2nd Line IT/Telecoms Support Technician (1-2 Years’ Technical Support experience is essential for this role). This role will be based at our Head Office in Northwood, Middlesex.
- Take customer calls and queries.
- Raise tickets with supplier/manufacturer helpdesk’s and manage to closure.
- Occasional customer site visits to resolve support issues and conduct product installations.
- Resolve problems and tasks within SLA.
- Ensure that you adhere to all Support Desk procedures.
- Prioritise incidents and resolve accordingly.
- Co-ordinate the resolution of support calls.
- Ensure that there is adequate communication between the support team and clients at all times.
- Ensure that clients have a complete update of outstanding calls/fixes on a regular basis.
- Liaise with third party suppliers on a technical basis.
- Contribution to implementation of business improvement measures.
Qualifications and Skills
- IT and ideally Telecoms support experience is required (18 Months minimum).
- Technically IT competent and keen to learn new products (training will be provided).
- Good understanding of IP network environments.
- Knowledge of basic networking principles.
- High level user Microsoft Windows and MS Server/Office applications.
- Use of Helpdesk or ticket management system.
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team.
- Good time management, problem solver.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- IT accreditations (the more the better).
- Strong Attention to Detail
- You must have a passion for IT and Telecoms for this role.
- Experience with CISCO Firewalls is preferable, but not essential
- Competitive Salary
- Regular Training
- Career Progression
- Workplace Pension
- Childcare Vouchers
£18,000.00 to £26,000.00 /year
- Secondary education
- Required licence or certification: UK Driving Licence
- Required language: English
To discuss the above position further, please call 0203 758 9000, select option 4 and ask to speak to Richard Crossland.